During that period the following marble tablet was erected in the
the year 1955 Prof. Satyanarayan Singh, Head, Department of Zoology,
Osmania University has made a successful attempt in acquiring the
building from the then Deccan Airlines and established the Malaria
Research Institute in this building. The Research Scholars of Osmania
University and Osmania Medical College worked here.
some unknown reasons, this building went again into the custody of
Airport Authority of India. They had established a training centre
here to train the pilots and an interesting fact was that, Shri Rajiv
Gandhi Former Prime Minister of India was trained here in this
building as a pilot.
Once again the (Ross Memorial Society) Osmania University had taken
over the possession of Ross Memorial Building from the Airport
Authority of India in the year 1979.
Around 1980, there was acute shortage of funds and some kind of
research, which was being conducted under the Supervision of Prof.
Naryan Rao Department of Zoology, Osmania University, was about to
come to a halt.
its 30th Meeting on 10th September 1990, the
Executive Council of the Ross Memorial Society had decided to handover
itself to Osmania University.
During the centenary celebrations in the year 1997, the entire
building was refurbished to its original form with the help of British
Council and established a modest Ross Memorial Museum with the
portraits, illustrative biography of Sir Ronald Ross and his discovery
of malaria transmission.