About Bharat Ratna Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial Library
Osmania University Campus, HYDERABAD-500 007,Telangana (INDIA)
The Bharat Ratna Dr B R Ambedkar Memorial Library system consists of a Main Library and College/Department/Seminar Libraries. The University Library coordinates the library system, which links the libraries in all 8 Campus and 4 Constituent college libraries.
The main library was established in 1918 along with the University. The Library was shifted to the present building, which was inaugurated by Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the then President of India on 3rd August 1963. The main library building departs from the traditional use of the Indo-Saracenic arch, but it seeks unity with the older buildings of the campus through the dominant pillars of the entrance portal. It stands majestically inviolable on the highest point of the campus, commanding a panoramic view of the unusually beautiful Deccan landscape. The new building has a floor area of 67,000 sq. ft. It is a fitting symbol of the present decade of progress. The Library is divided into a number of Sections basing on the collection and services offered. They are Text Book Section, Periodical Section, Reference Section, Acquisition & Cataloguing Sections. Additionally, it has Vision of Osmania, Manuscript Section, Theses Section, CERL Section & U.N. Section, which are highlighted.
The library is kept open throughout the year except for six days (three national and three festival holidays). It is kept open from 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. on all working days, 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m. during examinations and 10.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. on holidays.
1) Ordering 2) Technical 3) Stacks 4) Text Books 5) Lending 6) Reference
7) Periodicals 8) Computer/Internet Cell 9) UN Depository 10) Theses & Dissertations
11) Government Documents 12) Competitive Examinations Reference Library (CERL)
13) Manuscript 14) Vision of Osmania 15) Digital Library of India (DLI)
1) Lending 2) Inter Library Loan 3) Photocopy facilities with nominal charges 4) Reference Service
5) CD-ROM Search 6) Internet facility 7) Digital Documents on demand 8) Digital Documents
9) e-Resources 10) Bibliography 11) Physically Challenged Students Service
Total Collection as on 31-3-2021