University Foreign Relations Office
Origin/Brief History of the Office
The University Foreign Relations Office (UFRO) was established on 31st of December 1999, on the eve of the Millennium Year 2000. The University established UFRO as a nodal agency to deal with various issues relating to the admission of international students and exchange programmes involving several foreign universities. It is operating as a single window agency. The intake of Foreign Nationals into Osmania University has been increasing tremendously year by year.
Osmania University is now emerging as a frontline International University. The University now is a host to students from several foreign countries. Over 400 foreign students, from some 27 countries, are currently on rolls studying in different colleges and university departments spread over various faculties. The countries of their origin being Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Somalia, Mauritius, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Yemen, Ethiopia, Oman, Uganda, Nepal, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Canada, USA, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Sri Lanka, Djibouti, UAE, Denmark, Europia, Trinidad (W.I) and UK. Realising the importance of catering to the needs of foreign students the University, in December 1999, established a University Foreign Relations Office (UFRO). The UFRO assists in fostering relations between universities both Indian and foreign and helps in exchange programmes involving staff, scholars and students.
To achieve these objectives, the UFRO
UFRO facilitates admission of foreign students at Osmania University and assists in fostering relations with foreign universities and helps in developing exchange programmes involving staff, scholars and students. To achieve these objectives, it
- Provides international students and visitors with all information pertaining to academic and other services available in the University
- Responds to the requests of foreign students/scholars and their families by serving as a nodal point
- Promotes appreciation and understanding of different cultures
- Works with academic departments of the University to develop, coordinate and promote joint academic programmes with other universities
- Extends all help in finding suitable accommodation for foreign students/scholars in private residential apartments
- Arranges health insurance for foreign students
- Organizes bridge courses for improvement of English language skills.
- Organizes a separate convocation exclusively for foreign students.
- Organizes Orientation Programmes to meet the immediate and continuing needs of new foreign students and to make them familiar with the university set-up and the city of Hyderabad.
International Cooperation and Exchange
The University has a good track record of International Collaboration with leading institutions abroad. In the wake of globalisation the University strongly believes that international co-operation holds the key to the pursuit of excellence in higher learning. As such it is developing more linkages with universities all over the world. The University faculty and students are encouraged to avail the services of UFRO, when exploring possibilities of international exchange programmes. The office of UFRO will assist in all such exchange programmes, including reciprocal arrangement of exchanges and exchanges based on MoU between OU and foreign universities. The UFRO also assists the University in contacting its alumni and forging links with off-shore alumni association of Osmania University.
Click Here For Website