DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS, OSMANIA UNIVERSITY
M.Sc. (Applied Electronics) - III Semester Syllabus
w.e.f. 2013-2014 under CBCS and Non-CBCS at the University, Constituent and Affiliated Colleges
(For the batch admitted from 2012-2013 onwards)
AE - 301 T/CB and NC
Paper-I DIGITAL SYSTEM DESIGN
Unit I Basic Boolean Functions
Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal Numbers, Binary Codes and Logics; Boolean Algebra, Basic Theorems and Functions, Canonical, Digital and Integrated Circuits; Simplifications of Boolean Functions, Two to Six Variable Map Simplification, NAND and NOR Implementation, The Tabulation method, Determination and Selection of Prime Implicants.
Unit II Logic Design
Combinational Logic Adders, Subtractors, Code Conversion, Multilevel NAND, NOR and Ex-OR functions; MSI and PLD Components Decimal, Binary Adder and Subtractor, Comparators, Decoders, Encoders, Mux and De-Mux, ROM, PLA and PAL;GAL,CPLD and FPGA. Over view of Digital Integrated Circuits with all Logic Families TTL, ECL, MOS, CMOS.
Unit III Sequential Logics
Synchronous Sequential Logics FFs, Analysis, State Reduction and Assignment, FF Excitation Tables, Design Procedure and Design of Counters; Asynchronous Sequential Logics Analysis, Circuits with Latches, Design Procedure, Reduction, Race-Free of State Assignments and Hazards.
Unit IV Counters and Algorithms
Registers, Shift Registers, Ripple and Synchronous Counters, Timing Sequences, RAM, Memory Decoding and Error-Correcting Codes; Algorithmic State Machines ASM Charts, Timing and Control Implementation, Design with Muxs, PLA Control.
1. Digital Design By M. Morris Mano
2. Switching theory & Logic design By R.P.Jain TMH 2003
3. Digital System Principles & Applications By Ronald J. Tocci
01. Computer Architecture and Logic Design By Thomas C. Bartee
02. Digital Principles & ApplicationsBy A.P. Malvino and D.P. Leach
03. Digital Computer Design By V. Rajaraman & T. Radhakrishnan
04. Digital Electronics - An Introduction to Theory and Practice By William H. Gothman
05. Digital Computer Electronics By Malvino and Brown
06. Digital Integrated Circuits A Design Perspective By Jan M. Rabae
07. ICs & Microprocessors Data Hand Book,BPB Publications, India
08. Digital Logic and Microprocessors By FJ. Hill & GR. Peterson
09. Digital Circuits and Microprocessors By Herbert Taub
10. Switching and Finite Automata Theory By ZVI Kohavi
11. Digital Design By John F wakerly