Welcome To Law College

The Faculty of Law, Osmania University has a glorious history of more than 100 years. The “Law class” was opened in the year 1899 to give instruction in law to students desirous of joining legal profession along with “Judicial Test” classes for Judicial Officers. Thus teaching of Law was in existence even before Osmania University came into existence in the year 1919.


In the year 1923 the “law class” and “Judicial Test” classes were abolished and Law Department was constituted in the Osmania University at the Arts College with a Head and two teachers, who were supported by the part-time lecturers to cope up with the teaching work. The University made successful experiment of teaching law in vernacular language, namely, Urdu. At that time Urdu was court language too. The Translation Bureau translated all the leading textbooks into Urdu. From 1923 to 1934 there were only five papers for both the years. But in 1935 one paper each was added to both the years. The classes were held in the morning. Hardly there were hundred students in both years put together.

more

                                                                                       
 

Moot Court

A moot court hall essential for training the student mooters. It has all the required facilities that are available in a court of law.

Read More
Placement Cell

The College has established a Placement Cell and appointed a placement officer who shall take care of all the placements. Read More

Alumni

Alumni of 87 years old Osmania University have distinguished themselves at the national and international levels.

Read More