Directorate of Academic Audit
Osmania University Syndicate at its 255th meeting held on 16.06.1977 decided to establish an Academic Audit Cell to look after the affairs of the affiliated colleges. The concurrence of the state Government was also obtained for this purpose. The Office of the Academic Audit Cell was established in the year 1978 in order to monitor effectively the academic and administrative functioning of affiliated colleges under Osmania University. It was a unique concept initiated by Osmania University, the Telangana Vice-Chancellors conference passed a resolution to establish this office in other Universities of the State.
In the year 1988, to relieve the heavy burden upon the Controller of Examinations, the University created a Cell in the Office of the Directorate of Academic Audit (Academic Audit Cell) to coordinate the work of the constitution of Examination Centres, posting of observers and Squads etc. to deal with the problems which cropped up during the course of examinations conducted by the University under the directions of Director.
The Directorate of Academic Audit performs several functions such as extension of affilation and grant of affiliation to the colleges and courses. Apart from these functions, inspections are also conducted by the Directorate of Academic Audit Cell during the academic year (i) To attend to the redressal of grievances of students, staff and managements of colleges and (ii) to monitor conduct of classes, availability of teaching and non-teaching staff and the upkeeping and maintenance of laboratories, teaching diaries, library and other records.
The main objective of the Directorate of Academic Audit is to ensure academic standards in affiliated colleges and to strengthen them academically and administratively each year, by inspecting the colleges and verifying the records, etc.
College Development Council
The University Grants Commission accorded high priority to the development and improvement of the standards of affiliated. Private (Aided) colleges other than the Government Colleges which receive aid out of the Telangana State Government Funds.
The colleges within Osmania University area: Hyderabad. Rangareddy, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Medak and Nizamabad districts of the Telengana. inaccordance with the conditions prescribed and the Constituent Colleges (the college located outside Osmania University Campus and established or maintained by Osmania University for providing courses in accordance with regulations prescribed by O.U. Status, Ordinance or Regulations).
In view of the fact that a considerable number of the student population receive education through these institution/colleges, Osmania University established the College Development Council in the year 1983
The College Development Council, Osmania University functions as a Liaison between the Affiliated and the University Constituent Colleges under the jurisdiction of Osmania University, University Grants Commission, and the Telangana. State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), it is the coordinating body between all these institutions for all round development of higher education at the University level. Campus
The CDC will:
- Coordinate with the Telangana State Council of Higher Education for the starting of new private unaided Degree Colleges and Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Diploma Courses in the existing colleges under the jurisdiction of Osmania University.
- Assist the affiliated Colleges under the jurisdiction of Osmania University for inclusion under Sec. 2 (1) & 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956.
- Coordinate with the University Grants Commission in conferring / for extension of an autonomous status to the colleges under the jurisdiction of Osmania University.
- Assist Osmania University in constituting the Governing Bodies, Board of Studies and Academic Council of Autonomous under the Colleges jurisdiction of Osmania University.
- Assist the colleges under the jurisdiction of Osmania University in getting financial assistance from the University Grants Commission under various schemes launched from time to time by the UGC.
- Coordinate in the implementation of Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP) for the teachers working on a permanent basis in the affiliated Private/Government Colleges (included under Section 2 (1) and (12 (B) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956), under the jurisdiction of Osmania University.
Directorate of Admissions
The Directorate of Admissions was established in 1999 with a view to conduct centralised admissions to all the Post Graduate and Research courses offered by Osmania University and its constituent, district and affiliated Post Graduate Colleges. It is run by a Director and four Joint-Directors. The Directorate of Admissions, Osmania University is the first of its kind among Telangana State Universities and ours has been taken as a model by all other Universities in establishing their own Directorates of Admissions for centralised admissions.
- To conduct entrance examination for admission into P.G. (M.A., M.Sc. & M.Com.), B.Ed. (D.M) and M.Phil. Courses.
- T conduct centralize admission process to various post graduate courses offered by the University in various faculties and to bring uniformly in the implementation of rules and regulations.
- To verify the eligibility and approve the list of admitted candidates into various P.G. Courses offered by Minority Institutions.
- To verify the eligibility and approve the list of admitted candidates under NRI quota / Management Quota into M.B.A., M.C.A., B.Ed., B.E., LL.B., Hotel Management & Pharmacy courses offered by Minority & Non-Minority institutions.
Directorate of District Post-Graduate Colleges
The office the Director, Osmania University District Post-Graduate Colleges, was established in the year 1976, with a view to encourage post graduate education in the Telengana. Presently, the following five O.U.P.G. Colleges, offering M.A. (Political Science), M.Com., M.Sc.(Chemistry) MBA and MCA courses are administered by the Director,
- P.G College, Mirzapur
- P.G College, Vikarabad
- P.G College, Siddipet
- PG College, Jogipet
- PG College, Narsapur
To Monitor and administer the District Post Graduate College of Osmania University.
Development and UGC Affairs
a) Utilization of X Plan Grants:
The University Grants Commission released a total of grant Rs.211.72 lakhs as grant in aid to Osmania University during the XI Plan (i.e.. 2007-2008) Rs.111.72 lakhs under General Development Assistance Schemes and Rupees One Crore for General Development under Merged Schemes. The Grant was re-allocated to various Department for purchase if equipment etc. The Departments have utilized the sanctioned grants.