Osmania University
Home Home Sitemap Sitemap
Contact Contact Us Webmail Webmail
E-Journals Home >> E- Journals

      The University library was established in 1918 along with the University. The Library was shifted to the present building, which was inaugurated by Dr.S.Radhakrishnan, the then President of India on 3rd August 1963. The building has a floor area of 62,000 sq. ft. It is a fitting symbol of the present decade of progress. The Library is divided into a number of Sections basing on the collection and services offered. They are Text Book Section, Periodical Section, Reference Section, Acquisition & Cataloguing Sections. Additionally, it has Vision of Osmania, Manuscript Section, Theses Section, CERL Section & U.N. Section, which are highlighted.

     The Library has rich collection of rare books and manuscripts. It has nearly 50,000 rare books and 6825 manuscripts. Selection of materials according to the copy right act and the documents which are not comes under copy right act published 75 years before.

more info....

 
 

Home

Back
 
Osmania University