The University College of Arts and Social Sciences is committed to the cause of
Higher Education by providing world-class teaching, research and Public Service.
The college seeks to serve society by contributing to
- The development of an educated and enlightened population capable of informed judgement and responsible citizenship.
- The availability of persons who have the knowledge, skills and adaptablitiy
required by public and private enterprise.
- Advancement of knowledge, skills and human creativity.
It is within this context that the University College of Arts and Social Sciences,
articulates the following statements concerning its goals, its accountability and its
distinctive role in modern Indian society.
- Provide the highest possible quality of teaching in the humanities,
languages, and social sciences.
- Enhance student success by fostering an environment conducive to
intellectual and personal growth.
- Encourage original scholarship and basic and applied research of the
- Serve the community by making its expertise available to individuals
- Preserve and protect academic freedom and intellectual independence,
and provide a forum for critical inquiry and debate.