History of ELTC:
The English Language Training Centre is a UGC sponsored
University Centre. It was established in 1988 to
improve the English Language Teaching/Learning, and enhance
the standards of English. Since then the Centre has been offering
new couses in assocition with foreign experts. These courses
have been very effective in helping campus students and others
in acquiring proficiency in English which has become very
essential in India for career and mobility.
With a decade and a half of experience in English Language
Teaching and Training, the Centre has designed many new programmes.
The courses are designed with the help of the Academic Advisory
Committee, after long deliberations, considering the changing
needs of English. Study Materials are prepared for every couse
by highly qualified and experienced teachers. The courses
offered are of high quality besides being accessible to students,
teachers, employees and professionals.
- To run need based English Courses.
- To provide Remedial Courses.
- To help the College and University students in English
- To offer Courses to professionals (lawyers, engineers,
doctors, paramedical staff and software users etc.)
- To organise training programmes for school and college
- To offer advice and assistance to individual colleges
in terms of their language needs, and
- To undertake research activities.
- Advance Communication Skills in English for Professionals
- Basic Interactive Communication Skills in English
- Certificate Course in English for Foreign Students
- Special Course in English (for on-roll PG, Professional
Course students of O.U. and affiliated colleges)
- Intensive Bridge Course in English
The Director, English Language
Arts College, Osmania University.
Phone: 27098453, 27091926